Looking for new graphic card

AthosB

Commendable
Jan 26, 2017
I need to find a new gpu that my PC can 100% run.
Here are my specs

Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit SP1
CPU
AMD A6-3670
Llano 32nm Technology
RAM
4,00GB DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ECS A75F-M2 (P0)
Graphics
Philips 226VL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6450 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS90 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Power supply LC420H-8 it has around 420w.
Few problems i need gpu that needs only 75w from motherboard since i dont have pins on psu. Dont tell me buy 1050ti since I bought and i cant pass bios for some reason. And cant find any 750ti in my city with 75w.
Please help

Solution
You need a graphics card that is run off of slot power only, that is 75w.
Normally, the strongest such cards are the GTX1050ti, GTX1050, GTX750ti, GTX750 in that order.

An APU provides for very good integrated graphics.
Perhaps, in the bios, you need to disable that first.

You buy a APU for the excellent integrated graphics.
But, there are no real good upgrades, particularly for a gamer.
If you install a superior discrete graphics card, you will have thrown away the big advantage of the APU.
Then, you are left with a relatively weak cpu. Most games depend on only a few fast cores.
You need a graphics card that is run off of slot power only, that is 75w.
Normally, the strongest such cards are the GTX1050ti, GTX1050, GTX750ti, GTX750 in that order.

An APU provides for very good integrated graphics.
Perhaps, in the bios, you need to disable that first.

You buy a APU for the excellent integrated graphics.
But, there are no real good upgrades, particularly for a gamer.
If you install a superior discrete graphics card, you will have thrown away the big advantage of the APU.
Then, you are left with a relatively weak cpu. Most games depend on only a few fast cores.

Solution

kraelic

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
Probably failed due to a bios setting. I found a video and it looks like one of those early bios during the UEFI transition.

The UEFI GOP driver is the UEFI equivalent of the old Legacy VGA Option ROM (aka the video BIOS). A graphics card with a GOP driver will usually have both a Legacy Option ROM and the GOP in the same flash chip.

On a UEFI system with the CSM (Compatibility Support Module) disabled, so a pure UEFI Boot, without the GOP driver you probably won't get any graphics output until the OS driver initializes the GPU, at least to my understanding. The CSM is needed to run the legacy Option ROM.

Then a 1050TI should work.

Just caught the 32 bit windows, this might also be the problem, you have 4GB ram and 3.5 GB addressable. You need 64bit to use all the ram. Have not used 32 bit since 512MB card days so I don't know if Win32 can address a 4GB video card.