Looking for new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolfkon

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
I have a budget of about $700

Looking for something with at least 8gb ram, 8 cores, and 1 TB hard drive.

It doesn't have to be exactly this but this is what im looking at.

I plan on using it for streaming gameplay and video work mainly

Solution
Quad-core Intel i7 M and H series processors have 8 logical cores due to Hyperthreading. However, finding one within your budget that would have everything you're looking for would be a little rough. This Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 would do the trick, but it doesn't have dedicated graphics, which would be needed if you want to game on it and do any serious video editing.

rolfkon

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

sorry dude :/ i don't really know what im talking about.
if you can help me out i'd really appreciate it

Bolin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

Oh, well, you could've started by that instead

Do you have any other requeriments? weight? cd/dvd drive? screen size?
what are you planning on using it for? gaming? video editing? usual stuff word/chrome/itunes/vlc?

RestlessGamer

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
There are currently no 8 core laptop cpus, perhaps 4-core would be better, try and find one, maybe a toshiba, with a gig or two of graphics. 8 core is not even optimized yet, so there would be no reason to buy one anyway.

Construkt

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Quad-core Intel i7 M and H series processors have 8 logical cores due to Hyperthreading. However, finding one within your budget that would have everything you're looking for would be a little rough. This Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 would do the trick, but it doesn't have dedicated graphics, which would be needed if you want to game on it and do any serious video editing.

Solution

Bolin

Reputable
Sep 8, 2014

Oh, in that case I guess OP must've gotten confused with cores and threads. In that case he's looking for a quad-core

thanks for clarifying!

Status
Not open for further replies.