sosen

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I'm looking for new monitor 24" and I'm thinking about those two:

lg 24ea53vq-p
http://www.lg.com/hk_en/monitors/lg-24EA53VQ
iiyama x2483hsu
http://www.iiyama.com/gl_en/products/prolite-x2483hsu-1/

I have samsung 943n, unfortunetly 8 months after the warranty one of the lightubes have died and the second one is going to die soon. Now I'm using very bad lighted monitor, it looks so nice:D I'm using my computer for movies, games, internet, reading etc. so it should looking good nad no smearing/ghosting. I became interested in matrices ah- ips and amva + because they have a better representation of colors. I've seen on yt movies that iiyama monitor has no problem with uneven lighting and sparkling effect(I don't know if I chosen the good english word for it, I mean the effect when in dark room on very high angle yoy see violet/or some other colur instead of black).I've read opinions and mojority claim they don't notice smearing/ghosting. My previous monitor has 5 ms gtg (and probably 10 ms btb , because the customer service wrote this monitor has 5ms white to black ) and I havn't noticed smering/ghosting, I could normally play games and watch movies.LG didn't wrote ma about btb reaction time. Iiyama has 12 ms btb, their monitor has overdrive function with 3 levels: lv1 6ms gtg, lv2 5 ms gtg, lv3 4 ms gtg.

I'm interested in your opinions , and maybe some other suggestions , although I doubt they will appear in this price category . Do not write about EIZO monitors, they are great, but they are too expensive, even with a 5 year warranty.

hazfiend

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I don't reckon I'll buy iiyama again because they just go dim for no reason. I can't go into the bios settings with this one* because it assumes that my screen is nearly all black and therefore the white text can be turned off too. That means I can't select operating system either as it dims out the part that asks me so I have to wait 30 seconds and get the default, unless I guess.

It's some sort of energy saving thing that means my monitor uses 1% less energy while making me spend 200% longer doing anything.

It can be turned back off for a few hours until it turns itself back on, by pressing one or more of "auto", onion, windows8 and "menu" buttons, along with a fifth that cancels any progress you randomly guessed your way to. Total rubbish.

(* - one of three, all of which are the iiyama ones and all do this so they're crippled deliberately. It's like the Windows8 of monitor design.)