Looking for new monitor (Primarily for gaming,roughly $300 budget)

Kasai

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
-United States

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
-Primarily gaming

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
-1920x1080 and anywhere in the 23-24inch range works

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
-My secondary monitor is 60hz and the monitor I'm replacing was 60hz. Looking into 144hz but unsure if my gpu (r9 280x) could make use of it.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
-About $300 but it's somewhat flexible

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc.
-Don't really have much of a preference. I've had good Samsung and Asus monitors in the past but not bound to any brand at the moment.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
-As long as the brand is of good quality/reputation, I'm not against an.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
-No, just one

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
-I'm not sure on the total number supported but I'm only planning on using two. Just need to replace my main monitor, my secondary one works fine still.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
-The open ports on my GPU are going to be HDMI and Mini-display port, but on the monitor side of things I currently have access to DVI, HDMI and mini-display port.

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
-Primary

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
-No

Edit: updated budget

Kasai

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I was looking around at some 144hz and possibly thinking about moving my budget a bit. What is the general consensus on 144hz monitors? Are they worth it? I'm currently running a single r9 280x. Would that card be capable of making use of a higher refresh rate?

Related question. Would there be any issue with using one 144hz monitor and a second 60hz monitor? Any sort of compatibility concerns?

Qbuo

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
If you search www.reddit.com/r/hardwareswap you can find some used/BNIB Qnix qx-2710 Evolution II Korean PLS overclockable monitors. They are 1440p, and will often overclock beyond 110hz with ease.