[SOLVED] Looking for new psu complete amateur.

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
The spec is -
STRIX B250G GAMING mobo
intel i 7500 - 3.40 GHz
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 192bit
2x8 gbs Kingston superfury X 2133 mgh
1x 128 gb ssd
1 tb seagate baracuda hdd
running 2x 120 mil front + 1 1x120x mil on the back + 95 mil cpu fan.
I know it's quite low end (but for some reason I still get out with 60 fps 1080p on high in stuff like metro exodus or bl3 ^^), but so far it's been running on bequiet system power 8 550w series, but recently the psu fan is making unbalanced constant unstopping sound on any rpm or load and on high load there is a coil whine but it can only be heard when your year is next to the psu but the fan is decently audible and I am scared it's time is running out. It's 3 yo machine and it's only been can dusted. No overheats or bad temps till now and even now there aren't. I am just scared the psumight ..... well die + the fan sound is annoying (sensitive hearing), so I instead of goin on and about of getting the local pc shop (they pretty good mind you skill wise lot's of lap top and pc servicing done over the years.) , to try to change the fan I might as well prolly get a new one at a decent prince range and reliabilty but There are so many manufacters on the market that my head is spinning. The easies of my available choises is the system power 9 550 by bequiet! but I've read some stuff about it's railings and what not, that's not that good even for it quiet fan and what not. I am not even sure how much watts I need in total to stably run the system under full loads. I am looking for something in the range of 60-70 bucks. Afterall nothing is clocked neither the componets are top class , call me cheapskate but I don't wanna over do it. So basically I am looking for reliable psu which can run the system under full load and with at least decent protection (often brown outs), and maaaaaay be good capacitors as a bonus hah.

Solution
You should look for any B tier or up psu with 500 or more watts. (your system is really only going to take 300-350 watts at most, but 430~ is the minimum, then take some for future upgrades)
You should look for any B tier or up psu with 500 or more watts. (your system is really only going to take 300-350 watts at most, but 430~ is the minimum, then take some for future upgrades)

Solution

hrisimir

Commendable
Oct 16, 2020
Thank you I guess I will go with a saffer (albeit 10 -1 5 buck more expensive) choise with
Corsair CX Series CX550M 550W Bronze (CP-9020102) (grey label).