Question Looking for next upgrade for better graphics/performance for VR

sodacandan

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Let me start by saying I have been upgrading slowly but surely from Gigabyte z97X G1 mobo, I7 4790K (LSA 1150),32 gb ddr3 ram to a MSI Z97 A-PRO, I7 10700 (LSA 1200) CPU, Corsair ddr4 Vengeance LPX (2) 8Gb sticks, XFX RX5700XT GPU,900W PSU and a Oculus rift CV1
I am looking for the next upgrade for Iracing graphics. I would like to run it at or as close to ultea/ max settings as I can to be honest. I am currently at about mediun with the setings where rendering is not a factor ect.
Would a I9 be a better option for an upgrade or a RTX 2080? i RELLY DONT KNOW TO BE HONEST! and it is driving me nuts with the trial and error and error and error............................
Which brings me right here asking the people I know can answer the question. I sure cant lol
Thanks, Cheers

sodacandan

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
I am sorry, I went from Gigabyte Z97X G1 (1150 socket) to a Intel motherboard (from MSI) Z490-A-PRO (1200 socket) with the (according to the box) Intel Chipset Z490. I also put in a new ssd M.2 in the M.2 frozer socket. it is a 1 Tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus on top/along with my (2) old ssd's and original HHD taken from my original comp just because it has my windows on it, I was impatient and I didn't install another windows because I was broke at the time and it worked ( just to be 100% honest) so I cheeped out and kept it. I cant think of anything else I changed. Again, I am sorry for the lack of info earlier. If I need to change anything, please let me know. I am not broke anymore to be honest but on the same note, I'm not rolling in the dough either but have some to play with ( a few hundred or so). If you need any more info, I'll get it to you asap. thanks again, Cheers

sodacandan

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Although I am still doing all the install stuff, I bought another Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M2 drive (500 GB they were out of 1 TB) and Windows 10 home so I have a fresh install of windows instead of the one that came with the old drive I had in it HHD.I ditched the SATA HHD and another SATA ssd I had in there and just left them out. For some reason I had to use one SATA SSD to get it to boot into a format where I could install windows so I dont know why but it is what it is. I dont know what or how much better it is going to be yet but if it is not much/any better I decided to just go out when I get paid again and buy a I9. The biggest and baddest one that can be clocked that way there wont be any reason I cant have it running on max settings as I will have everything as good and fast as I can other than the GPU. There has been another release as you already know to a new series of cards EG RTX 30XX/20XX and now the Radeon 5800, 5950, and 6800 series cards are out I just read about a min or two ago the new 5950 XT and 6800 series..... Good lord! I cant keep up to be honest. It makes my head spin trying lol. This learning curve at 50 yrs old is going to be the end of me I swear it is if it doesn't bankrupt me first lol. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES! If you know or see something I am doing wrong please chime in and save me from myself PLEASE.