[SOLVED] Looking for opinions on a new build

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
Here are the specs:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Hn8Y6s#compatibility_notes

The motherboard already comes with the bios ready for ryzen 3000. I mainly play csgo so I decided to get a powerful cpu and budget gpu.

The ram i got for 75$ Cad, the cheapest 3200 mhz ram was 105$ and since im trying to save money went for the 3000 mhz. The case, ssd/hd, and PSU are from my current build.

Was just wondering how it looks and if there is anything you would change/possible problems.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Solution
I don't think going with the X version would be much of a difference. Ryzen 3000 are not known to overclock well, but reaching 3600X levels should not be a question as the difference is very little.

For the SSD, take a look at the ADATA SX8200 256 GB. For less than $20 more, it at least is three times faster in read and write speeds than that Kingston SATA SSD.

I believe that EVGA Semi Modular PSU is made by FSP and is a second tier PSU.
Seems fine to me, you can easily overclock that RAM and get better speeds, 3200 MHz should be easily achievable with 3000 MHz RAM, my 2666 MHz runs fine at 3000 MHz, never had issues. For CS:GO, though, you might want to downgrade a few things and instead go for a faster CPU like 3600X and overclock it if at all possible.

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016
Seems fine to me, you can easily overclock that RAM and get better speeds, 3200 MHz should be easily achievable with 3000 MHz RAM, my 2666 MHz runs fine at 3000 MHz, never had issues. For CS:GO, though, you might want to downgrade a few things and instead go for a faster CPU like 3600X and overclock it if at all possible.
Cool ill look into that then. I heard the 3600x is very close in performance to the 3600 though. Can the 3600 OC to 3600x levels?

I don't think going with the X version would be much of a difference. Ryzen 3000 are not known to overclock well, but reaching 3600X levels should not be a question as the difference is very little.

For the SSD, take a look at the ADATA SX8200 256 GB. For less than $20 more, it at least is three times faster in read and write speeds than that Kingston SATA SSD.

Last edited:
Solution

Markhad93

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2016

Ya I think i'll stick with the 3600 after looking at some benchmarks.

My kingston SSD is already from my existing build so i am going to keep it since I am trying to save as much as I can.

The PSU got really good reviews and its been running for 3+ years so I think it'll be fine (its also from my existing build)