Question Looking for opinions on an upgrade

milesxsan

Commendable
Nov 19, 2020
Built my PC two years ago now and looking for opinions on what i should upgrade next. It is mostly for gaming but I also use it for a lot of multitasking and a bit of video editing as well. Basically I'm looking for a nice boost to performance without breaking bank, so what would give me the most bang for my buck? I'm open to ideas of multiple upgrades if it fits my budget as well. I'm still open to hearing more expensive ideas as well.

Here are my specs:
Gtx 1070 ti
i5-8600k 3.60GHz
16gb ram
Gigabyte B360M DS3H mobo

milesxsan

Commendable
Nov 19, 2020
More expensive? You didn't give us a budget. What isn't working as well as you'd like? What do you wish was faster? What monitor are you using?
I'd like to see more fps in games, sometimes I get minor stutters or freezes when working on multiple things, and also my editing program can sometimes crash under heavy load of fx used and have long rendering times. I'd mostly prefer to prioritize better gaming though. I'm on a 144hz 1080p monitor atm but looking to upgrade to 1440p with the same hz or better. As for budget, I don't have a specific budget, again just not looking to spend an insane amount for small upgrades and just looking for the most cost efficient upgrades to my setup.