Question Looking for prebuilt

Astroids

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
I'm looking for a prebuilt gaming pc with a price range of about $1000 - $1300

I've found this prebuilt that fits the budget and seems to have nice parts though I'd like suggestions

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Don't get a prebuilt, the only good ones start at 2000+, if you are getting a prebuilt because of the GPU shortage, buy a 980 Ti or 2. In SLI they are better than 2080 Ti. If you have to get a prebuilt go with Alienware and not from cyber power PC or anything like that.

Astroids

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
Don't get a prebuilt, the only good ones start at 2000+, if you are getting a prebuilt because of the GPU shortage, buy a 980 Ti or 2. In SLI they are better than 2080 Ti. If you have to get a prebuilt go with Alienware and not from cyber power PC or anything like that.
I've checked the Alienware website and didn't see any prebuilts that looked good to me, or were out of my budget. And I would really rather not go for building my own pc, I'm really just looking for suggestions on what others would buy with the same amount.

Astroids

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
If you build one it would be way more price efficient and more powerful and look nicer. I could make you a list or build it for you if you prefer.
I really appreciate that you'd be willing to offer up some parts but I'm really only interested in prebuilts, I do not at all want to build one myself.

I've also been looking around some more and found this which seems to be better.

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Okay, I would personally wait until 12th gen is on laptops than buy one. But if you want one now just go for the one with the best specs overall. The best thing you could do is buy that HP one and buy a cheap case to put all the parts into it, your pc WILL have overheating problems if you don't.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Okay, I would personally wait until 12th gen is on laptops than buy one. But if you want one now just go for the one with the best specs overall. The best thing you could do is buy that HP one and buy a cheap case to put all the parts into it, your pc WILL have overheating problems if you don't.
He literally just said he wants a PC and NOT a laptop. Anyways newegg has some pretty good options. First thing I would say is don't get an Alienware or dell because you are getting OEM parts. I would look on newegg, they have tons of pcs in the 1000-1300 range. Make sure it has a 3060, at least 6 cores, 2x8gb ram and decent reviews.

Reactions: King_V

David3290321

Commendable
BANNED
Nov 20, 2021
Actually a lot of OEM parts have a higher memory and core clock, you just have to cool them correctly. I personally think Newegg has bad prebuilds. The best company for rebuilds in your budget is Xotic PC

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Actually a lot of OEM parts have a higher memory and core clock, you just have to cool them correctly. I personally think Newegg has bad prebuilds. The best company for rebuilds in your budget is Xotic PC
Well, my statements weren't personally based. They were factually based. Oem parts are terrible for upgrading, have bad resell values, often terrible power supplies and motherboards. Not to mention those pavilion cases and Alienware cases has terrible airflow. Just watch a few gamers' nexus videos.

Astroids

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
Thanks for the help guys, I won't be buying for maybe a few weeks so I'll keep checking this post to see if anything new comes up, if nothing does I'll just go with the newegg prebuilt I've found.

Reactions: jacob249358

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
GamersNexus had a bit to say on it, and they've been testing prebuilts.

They were reasonably happy with an ABS from NewEgg... and going with the Dell/Alienware prebuilts are a no go. They've literally referred to a Dell as E-waste with a warranty attached. Dell is moving in the direction of MORE proprietary parts rather than less. PSUs, motherboard form factors, etc.

Reactions: logainofhades

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
Appreciate the heads up :D I'll be picking this up ASAP!
Yeah I agree with king v on this one. $1500 for a 3060 and e-waste proprietary garbage isn't much of a deal. This one is a much better deal. It has less CPU but its still great for gaming. Games cant use much more than 6 cores so id more focus on the gpu. Also you can upgrade this a lot easier and it doesn't use OEM parts. https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali568/p/N82E16883360198

logainofhades

Titan

SLI is dead, and even if it weren't it wouldn't be faster than a 2080ti. Alienware is overpriced dell junk. I also agree with King_V.

Reactions: King_V

Astroids

Prominent
Dec 24, 2021
Yeah I agree with king v on this one. $1500 for a 3060 and e-waste proprietary garbage isn't much of a deal. This one is a much better deal. It has less CPU but its still great for gaming. Games cant use much more than 6 cores so id more focus on the gpu. Also you can upgrade this a lot easier and it doesn't use OEM parts. https://www.newegg.com/abs-ali568/p/N82E16883360198
Alright, I see the Alienware PC didn't go over well and I've checked this one out, unfortunately the sale ends in 9 hours which is a no go but this one is the same price with similar parts.

Reactions: jacob249358

ssmokeyy

Distinguished
May 2, 2010
I would like to give u a heads up they have a really good deal right now for a xps system with 5800 and 6700xt. The 6700xt is like 3070 performance. $1400 for that model. For pre-built dell is a good brand. Seems like some of the people in this thread read to much into the youtubes. Xps and precision lines have been built to a good standard. U want a good warranty for a computer your spending this much money on. Yes dell is a bussiness and they like to make money. They have lower lines that I would not buy.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS