Not open for further replies.

adam45417

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Looking to sell / know price for :

Amd 8320
16gb crucial 1600hmz ram 4x4gb sticks
Asus M5A97 R2.0

Really just want to know what I could get for these parts as I want to upgrade to skylake, I would also consider selling my corsair 300r case and hyper evo 212 cooler depending on what price I could get for them.

That really depends on your area, and how quickly you want to be able to "move" your current system. If you live in a "depressed area" your going to get less for it if sold locally, if you live say in NY City you could get a little more for it. You can potentially sell it online or locally for a higher price but it may take you several months to get someone interested whereas if you "price it to sell" you could mover it more quickly.

Usually when I'm selling an "as is" used system (after I've tested it extensively) I will look up the component parts, see what they are selling for brand new, total it all up and then cut the price in half (same holds true for selling off single components). That way I don't have the overhead of storing the system long term, the longer I hold onto it the less its going to be worth, and I'm happy to get something out of it, and my customer is happy to get a good deal. By using that system I usually move used "as is" systems within a week or two.

A pc will usually fetch more if it is disassembled and the parts sold individually.
That is because it is unlikely that a buyer will want exactly the same pc.
Find your parts in used condition on ebay.
Then filter on completed auctions,
In green you will see what the part actually sold for.

I might guess $150.

Cases are hard to sell because of shipping costs.

Your 212 cooler will be good on any skylake you choose to buy; keep that.

Good advice. I always try to sell locally first before going the ebay route. If you can find a local buyer you don't have any of the shipping overhead or any other complications. Just meet up at a neutral public location (I usually just have people come to my shop as its protected 24 / 7 by my big fluffy puppy who happens to be a 150lb Kangal and Ruger). Usually if you are offering someone a good value (ie getting the part today at half cost) then its not hard to find a buyer.

adam45417

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Thanks for the advice, i live in the UK so I might put it on gumtree or something first to see can I sell it locally. $150 ? If I could get £150 for the MB,CPU and RAM I would be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.