Question Looking for quietest GPU at 1070 ti /Vega 56 level

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I'm looking for a replacement graphics card for my Gigabyte 7970 OC.

I've decided to go for something as powerful as the 1070 ti or the Vega 56.

My only requirement is noise, or rather lack of noise.
I just don't want to hear the card at all.. nothing. Complete and utter silence.
I guess when people say a GPU is silent and you can hear a woosh of the fans, I'm not one of them :)
Silence means I can't hear it at all through my Fractal Design R4.

I am looking for the quietest card there is at that processing power level so no real loyalty to NVidia or AMD just complete silence!

I've looked into the MSI Gaming X variants for 1070ti and I think the Palit 1070 ti is very quiet too but I was wondering if there are any AMD or other Nvidia variants out there.

Thank you

ps. i have thought of getting an Accelero S3 with a 14/15cm fan that will run undervolted but not sure on the outcome..

MetallicMonk

Respectable
Feb 16, 2019
I can totally recommend the vega 56. The reference model coolers are very loud however at high loads. There are a bunch of people that have done Morpheus cooler swaps on their vega cards with awesome results. I'm considering doing that in the future. If you're prepared to swap the cooler then you will have full control over the fan selection.

mossi

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2013
I can totally recommend the vega 56. The reference model coolers are very loud however at high loads. There are a bunch of people that have done Morpheus cooler swaps on their vega cards with awesome results. I'm considering doing that in the future. If you're prepared to swap the cooler then you will have full control over the fan selection.

That is a beast of a cooler!
It's also got a beast of a price and including the fans to go on it that might be one of the more expensive solutions but you're right in terms of controlling the fans and the noise.

So far the MSI Gaming X 1070ti 2nd hand from ebay seems the most affordable solution.
I wish that cooler was available as an aftermarket choice, it would have made life much simpler..