[SOLVED] Looking for reliable android tablet, lowest cost?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
It is for a 9 year old that's been using 7" fire tablet, looking at buying a new tablet and am wondering what a good choice would be?

Last edited:
Solution
Some lenovo or samsung tab.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 will be your best bet. It does support usb type-c connectivity. Cheaper tabs mostly have low end hardware which doesn't work well with their heavily loaded OS.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've had good experiences with the samsung tablets. i have a 7" tab a. i think i paid $120 or so for it new. i'm sure there are cheaper options but you def get what you pay for with android tablets. i've had friends buy those cheap walmart $70 models and they were usually returned in a couple days.

if the tablet is for you, then you don't need the rugid kid safe ones, so no reason not to get a grown up gift for yourself :)

Sagar_20

Distinguished
Some lenovo or samsung tab.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 will be your best bet. It does support usb type-c connectivity. Cheaper tabs mostly have low end hardware which doesn't work well with their heavily loaded OS.

Last edited:
Solution
It is for a 9 year old that's been using 7" fire tablet, looking at buying a new tablet and am wondering what a good choice would be?

Well, a newer Fire Tablet should be good, those are some of the higher rated cheap tablets. There is even a 10" kids edition https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Tabl...W71ABBB12TJP6&qid=1561995936&s=amazon-devices

Although the kids case does not seem to have a kick stand to prop it up for watching on a desk, so maybe a standard 10" model and get another case.

NoniTwit

Honorable
Nov 15, 2014
For a budget-tablet, I'm very satisfied with the latest Medion offer at ALDI: the Lifetab E10414, which allows me to profit from Android 9 Pie, for a very low cost. Its camera function is low, but who needs that on a tablet, and its handling speed is very fast and simple. As is its charging-time, within 2 hours.