[SOLVED] Looking for reliable backup software

Astralv

Distinguished
Hey there

What is the best backup software to create Image of C drive? In the past I used Acronis and successfully cloned C drive, but never got to reinstall from the image. I dont like that it runs on the background and keeps PC from shutting down. It takes sometime 3, sometime 7 minutes to shut down, even when external drive is not connected. It says- Acronis performing some operations and will shut down when it completed. I have very valuable audio production computer that I need to be able to reproduce without reinstalling multiple titles of music software. I like to create image of each drive and store it, then update in a 6 months or a year. Thank you very much.

Solution
Thank you for replies. Clone is if I have working disk, which is too small and I want to clone it to a larger drive, etc. I am looking for an image back up so it stores everything identically to original. I did read the other thread where USAFret was talking about your backups. How is Macrium compared to Acronis? Is it worth to buy paid Home version or just use free? Thank you.
I use Macrium Reflect exclusively.
Paid on my main system, free version on all the others.

Macrium vs Acronis?
Unknown. But I know that Macrium Reflect works well.

RealBeast

Titan
Hey there

What is the best backup software to create Image of C drive? In the past I used Acronis and successfully cloned C drive, but never got to reinstall from the image. I dont like that it runs on the background and keeps PC from shutting down. It takes sometime 3, sometime 7 minutes to shut down, even when external drive is not connected. It says- Acronis performing some operations and will shut down when it completed. I have very valuable audio production computer that I need to be able to reproduce without reinstalling multiple titles of music software. I like to create image of each drive and store it, then update in a 6 months or a year. Thank you very much.
The free version of Macrium Reflect making a backup and not a clone. It clones well but the backup is very easy to reload on a wiped or new disk.

USAFRet

Titan
Macrium Reflect.
All my house systems do an Incremental backup every night. Each drive individually.

Reactions: andrepartthree

Astralv

Distinguished
Thank you for replies. Clone is if I have working disk, which is too small and I want to clone it to a larger drive, etc. I am looking for an image back up so it stores everything identically to original. I did read the other thread where USAFret was talking about your backups. How is Macrium compared to Acronis? Is it worth to buy paid Home version or just use free? Thank you.

USAFRet

Titan
I use Macrium Reflect exclusively.
Paid on my main system, free version on all the others.

Macrium vs Acronis?
Unknown. But I know that Macrium Reflect works well.

Reactions: andrepartthree
Solution