Looking for Ryzen Help

shootex20

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
Hi guys so I'm currently upgrading my PC. What I have so far is a gigabyte A350-Gaming 3
GTX 960 2 GB EVGA
Ryzen 1600x
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo with AM4
16 GB Gskill ram (8x2)

Sadly for me, the cooler master bracket won't fit into the socket and it's getting stressful. If anyone has any info on how to install it correctly for AM4 please let me know

http://i.imgur.com/i9TVOfs.jpg

Solution
Yes, the AM4 plates can look very similar to the AM3+ but they are not quite the same. The spacing is ever so slightly different... for no apparent reason. Just to make money? Probably...
For example on MSI boards, the plate is the same shape and size, and style but the screw spacing is just off enough.
You can however mount any older AMD fan that uses the old style dual clips... that spacing for the clips are identical. If you have an old gammaxx 400 or something like that, you can use that while you wait for AM4 upgrade kit!

glytch5

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Yes, the AM4 plates can look very similar to the AM3+ but they are not quite the same. The spacing is ever so slightly different... for no apparent reason. Just to make money? Probably...
For example on MSI boards, the plate is the same shape and size, and style but the screw spacing is just off enough.
You can however mount any older AMD fan that uses the old style dual clips... that spacing for the clips are identical. If you have an old gammaxx 400 or something like that, you can use that while you wait for AM4 upgrade kit!

Solution