Question Looking for sas controller with external out (LTO backup) compatible with win10

ruffpl

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
I am looking for some cheap used pcie card with external port ( sff8088 or sff8470) to connect LTO tape library to it. I already tried with old Dell, HP, IBM but I could not get it work to work in ESXI. After I passthrough card to VM all of them were only compatible with some old systems like win server 2003 or 2008. Finding drivers to them was a nightmare, because It could not find them automatically and also win server was blocking internet connection to internet sites.
Is there some cheap sas controller that I can get and will work without problem with some modern system like win10 ( I just need it for backups).

popatim

Titan
Can you not download the drivers you need from outside where the download isn't blocked and use one of the cheap ones you already have? I would think anything LSI based with an external port would work.

ruffpl

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
All of them I had sent back to the sellers because I had option to return it if it is not compatible/ now I am looking fore some other that will work with f.ex windows server 2016 which is similar to win10

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS