Looking for School laptop for my niece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seoulja615

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find a laptop for my niece and have no idea what to get her.

Any help will be appreciated.

Budget is $800.00

general use with some work on editing. No video games.

Solution
pretty much anything will work for such basic needs. i am actually scouting a laptop for my niece as well for the same purpose and from what i have seen a basic i3 laptop with a low res screen starts around $400. i have seen i5 with 1080p screen and 8 gb ram in the $5-600 range depending on sales and whether refurb is ok with you.

so for $800 i'd say you should be able to find a nice i5/i7 with a good screen and even a discrete gpu. as for what she actually "needs" it won't be as expensive as the $800 you have budgeted. i am not shooting for a budget but rather some decent specs at the best price i can find. still looking but this one stood out to me from newegg as a good price...

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
pretty much anything will work for such basic needs. i am actually scouting a laptop for my niece as well for the same purpose and from what i have seen a basic i3 laptop with a low res screen starts around $400. i have seen i5 with 1080p screen and 8 gb ram in the $5-600 range depending on sales and whether refurb is ok with you.

so for $800 i'd say you should be able to find a nice i5/i7 with a good screen and even a discrete gpu. as for what she actually "needs" it won't be as expensive as the $800 you have budgeted. i am not shooting for a budget but rather some decent specs at the best price i can find. still looking but this one stood out to me from newegg as a good price http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314814 though it lacks a dvd drive and a touch screen if that is important to your niece.

just some thoughts on what i have been seeing myself. i prefer hp myself for the look of them but acer makes some decent entry level laptops.

edit: just ran across this refurb with an i7 quad http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7HS3199583

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.