Question Looking for software

Apr 2, 2019
Hello, I'm new here, if this is wrong place I apologise. Where I work we are trying to come up to a solution for quicker PC replacement. We have custom software that is hosted on a server and maintained by a 3rd party we also have online software like VIP, PDF Reader Chrome, but we would like to create a disk or a auto installer to pull this software for us to speed up the Install. Is this even possible? The 3rd party software is just on our server and if there is a new version they replace it with a new .exe

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Literally hundreds of solutions to this problem. Depends a lot on what you have to spend, the size of the company, etc.

Common enterprise solution would be what is formerly called SCCM (System Center) from Microsoft. There are certainly third party tools that also do this from Altiris and Marimba, and many others. These allow for OS deployment as well. Microsoft MDT and SCCM usually are part of an enterprise arrangement.

Also plenty of open source applications that can operate in this capacity.

If everyone gets the same software, some imaging software would be advisable. Norton Ghost (defunct I believe), Clonezilla (opensource) and again, many others allow a system image to be installed over a network.

The very simple, maybe a powershell script as part of a logon script to check a remote server for new versions and install them as needed.

You need to have an IT tech work on this, for a business you don't want some untrained person hacking through system imaging and restoring. There are many things to think about, from hardware compatibility and changes, to license keys, to security IDs on the computers and operating systems that can cause issues if not cleared first, how your online software is installed to new systems. From the sound of the post there is no-one in your company that has experience in this, and you may not even know what issues you may have or what to look out for.

D

Deleted member 14196

yeah, I would work with your IT department and look at Software Deployment systems they use for this as mentioned above.