Question Looking for some advice on a new build for video editing

Suckerpin

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Hi,

I'm planning on making a new desktop that would allow me to run "adobe premiere pro and after effects" without any problems, after some research I came up with the following :

CPU : Intel I9-10900K
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 2060 gaming Z 6G
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A pro
PS: Seasonic Focus GX-750
CPU cooler: be quit! Dark pro 4
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus, 1TB
HDD: WD blue, 4TB
DDR: Corsair 32 GB DDR4-3200 MHz
Case: Corsair crystal 570X

I would appreciate your guys input on the system, if it's viable or some components aren't necessary/could be better?

My budget is around 2000 Euro.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Last edited:

Suckerpin

Reputable
Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for the advice !

If I was building it for myself I'd definitely gave this 1 a try but i'm building it for my mother and I know for sure she aint' gonna game on it :)

So on the GPU side is a bit overkill or?
Also is there a specific reason why you would go with the samsung 970 evo pro 2T instead of the 1TB version?

Thanks in advance !

Jun 25, 2020
Hi,

I'm planning on making a new desktop that would allow me to run "adobe premiere pro and after effects" without any problems, after some research I came up with the following :

CPU : Intel I9-10900K
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 2060 gaming Z 6G
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A pro
PS: Seasonic Focus GX-750
CPU cooler: be quit! Dark pro 4
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO plus, 1TB
HDD: WD blue, 4TB
DDR: Corsair 32 GB DDR4-3200 MHz
Case: Corsair crystal 570X

I would appreciate your guys input on the system, if it's viable or some components aren't necessary/could be better?

My budget is around 2000 Euro.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Congratulations on your new editing PC build. I have been editing with Premiere, AfterEffects, Adobe Encoder, and I recently added Cinema 4D to my 3D arsenal. All the components above look pretty good. I have an MSI Z490-A Pro and an Asus Z-390F. With Adobe it's all about CUDA cores. Did you mean a GeForce RTX 2060 GPU? Here are some upgrades where I have noticed a huge difference from older SandyBridge 2600K and GTX GPU.

If you can swing it: The Z490-A Pro has 2 - M.2 SSD slots which can use PCIe instead of SATA for much faster OS/and video storage use. It also has a Thunderbolt header for super fast data transfer rates with a Thunderbolt PCIe card adapter (not provided with MB). Drop the 4TB internal HDD and use an external drive for video back up. Use M.2 drives/ or SSD for project video storage and render output. Bump up RAM to 64 GB. And if possible, upgrade GPU to RTX 2070 or RTX 2080. Dropping down to a 10th gen i7 and increasing GPU will give you a better editing/rendering/encoding experience.

Best of luck on your build.