Looking for some assistance on GA 8AENXP D board; VGA Card upgrade compatibility.

Bob_05

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hi Guys....I have a GA 8AENXP D board close to 8 years and running perfectly..currently upgraded to Windows 10 32bit..but recently on my new case I bought for it,am not able to install a 80mm Cooling fan at rear due to obstruction of the DPS Power Module card that sits behind the CPU..

question is, can I remove off the DPS Power module card and continue using the PC like that?

And lastly,am using a GEFORCE 6600GT currently and the PCIe is ver 2.0..Will it create bottleneck if I upgrade to get 970ti,just for e.g?

Appreciate a quick answer!!!!??

Solution
It depends on what cpu you had in your pc, according the gigabyte site, the DPS is the eight-phase power circuit designed to withstand varying electrical current levels, ensuring the processor upgrades, etc.
You can try take it out, and run the pc to play the games, if the pc runs fine and no pc shutdown, then you can use the pc without it. But if you had the c2q, and recommend to keep it in.
And for the gpu upgrading, recommend just buy the gtx750ti if you really want to, otherwise the old lga775 cpu, even the c2q, will bottleneck the newer GPU, but no the pcie 2.0 x16.
It depends on what cpu you had in your pc, according the gigabyte site, the DPS is the eight-phase power circuit designed to withstand varying electrical current levels, ensuring the processor upgrades, etc.
You can try take it out, and run the pc to play the games, if the pc runs fine and no pc shutdown, then you can use the pc without it. But if you had the c2q, and recommend to keep it in.
And for the gpu upgrading, recommend just buy the gtx750ti if you really want to, otherwise the old lga775 cpu, even the c2q, will bottleneck the newer GPU, but no the pcie 2.0 x16.

Solution