[SOLVED] Looking for some final advice on a 144hz IPS 27inch gaming monitor

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Hey all. Spent about a week or so figuring out what to get. Seems these are the finalists that i have found. If anyone knows of a better one or just thoughts in which they would get, i would love the feedback.

I want

• 1ms
  • IPS - Will be my main monitor also, want good view angles and color
  • 144hz
  • Flat or curved is fine
  • 27 or larger
  • Thin border
  • 250 cd/ms+

These are the ones i have narrowed down, leaning to the Acer i think as its just the cheapest with good brightness and everything i want. Im open to any suggestions or points on different tech/etc. Thanks so much gang !

• 1ms
  • IPS
  • 144hz
  • curved
  • flat
  • thin border
  • 250 cd/ms+
  • 27" or bigger
  • Price
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • $ 249.00
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • $ 209.00
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • $ 239.00
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • $ 289.00
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • x
  • $ 205.00

Solution
Thanks for the detailed message and info. I totally would go with the Acer Nitro as the other ones are missing some options and also there is one curved but trust me DO NOT get curved. I used to have a 40" 4k curved AOC which I gave to my father. You get used to it immedietly and then when you go on a flat screen things look weird and your mind trips out. But Im hear to say I never truley liked the 1800R curvature as it doesn't represent what the game maker wants you to see the angles or lines or textures if you know what I mean. Jump on the Acer ASAP and you get freesync so even if your frame rate drops you will not notice it dropping and it will be smooth experience butter smooth. freesync is good just like pay-sync I mean...

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Thanks for the detailed message and info. I totally would go with the Acer Nitro as the other ones are missing some options and also there is one curved but trust me DO NOT get curved. I used to have a 40" 4k curved AOC which I gave to my father. You get used to it immedietly and then when you go on a flat screen things look weird and your mind trips out. But Im hear to say I never truley liked the 1800R curvature as it doesn't represent what the game maker wants you to see the angles or lines or textures if you know what I mean. Jump on the Acer ASAP and you get freesync so even if your frame rate drops you will not notice it dropping and it will be smooth experience butter smooth. freesync is good just like pay-sync I mean g-sync which costs more for no reason. Get it and enjoy it my friend. Good Luck ✝🎗👶

Reactions: iccanui
Solution

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Thanks for the detailed message and info. I totally would go with the Acer Nitro as the other ones are missing some options and also there is one curved but trust me DO NOT get curved. I used to have a 40" 4k curved AOC which I gave to my father. You get used to it immedietly and then when you go on a flat screen things look weird and your mind trips out. But Im hear to say I never truley liked the 1800R curvature as it doesn't represent what the game maker wants you to see the angles or lines or textures if you know what I mean. Jump on the Acer ASAP and you get freesync so even if your frame rate drops you will not notice it dropping and it will be smooth experience butter smooth. freesync is good just like pay-sync I mean g-sync which costs more for no reason. Get it and enjoy it my friend. Good Luck ✝🎗👶

Awesome. Im gonna see if anything comes out for prime day, but does seem like a sweet deal for all im looking for. Probably will just get that one. Thanks again for the feedback it helped a lot.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Awesome. Im gonna see if anything comes out for prime day, but does seem like a sweet deal for all im looking for. Probably will just get that one. Thanks again for the feedback it helped a lot.
Its my pleasure. As for black friday deals don't hold your breath. Get the Acer my friend that is truley the best monitor for in both hardware and price. Enjoy it.

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Its my pleasure. As for black friday deals don't hold your breath. Get the Acer my friend that is truley the best monitor for in both hardware and price. Enjoy it.

Ordered it and then prime day the upgrade dropped from 350 to 250 haha. gonna return it and bought the upgrade cause its 1440p. So hard to be patient in covid, something there today it literally gone tomorrow. Oh well, happy regardless, i just thought you would get a chuckle out of that, haha. Thanks again :)

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ordered it and then prime day the upgrade dropped from 350 to 250 haha. gonna return it and bought the upgrade cause its 1440p. So hard to be patient in covid, something there today it literally gone tomorrow. Oh well, happy regardless, i just thought you would get a chuckle out of that, haha. Thanks again :)
Yes I saw that sale price and 1440p pownz. Just remmeber to go to nVidia or ATI panel and turn on all AA methods and max out everything and in game put it to high or ultra high and your gonna be enjoying AAA titles with your shiny new 144hz 2k monitor. Have fun brother.🎗✝👶

Reactions: iccanui

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Yes I saw that sale price and 1440p pownz. Just remmeber to go to nVidia or ATI panel and turn on all AA methods and max out everything and in game put it to high or ultra high and your gonna be enjoying AAA titles with your shiny new 144hz 2k monitor. Have fun brother.🎗✝👶
Also don't forget even if your frame rate drops below 144fps to match the monitors 144hz you will not notice any performance degration because the monitor has freesync. If you don't use a frame rate counter you will not know if its 144hz or drops to 90fps which it will as todays games are very GPU consuming games and what not.👶✝🎗

TRENDING THREADS