[SOLVED] Looking for some wireless headset recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Pokidaylo

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2013
Hello all. I'm looking for some recommendations for a wireless headset. I'm currently using a Sennheiser GSP 350. The GSP is very comfortable and the sound is great but the wire is constantly getting tangled and I have to unplug it and let it unwind several times per day which is annoying as you can imagine. Would also be nice to be able to just get up and go get a drink and not have take the headset off and put it back on and of course I can still talk to people when I do this!

I'm looking for something under $200 and pretty much all the gaming headsets are on sale right now.

Main priority of course is comfort. I can wear the GSP for hours and remain comfortable.

I have not been listening to music lately but I do like some punchy bass. The GSP sound quality is very clear and theres some bass but something with a little bit deeper bass would be nice.

Some decent battery life would be nice as well. I know the Sennheiser GSP 370 can do 100 hours on a full charge which is insane. It's also a GSP and looks identical to my GSP 350 I think so I'm assuming they would be just as comfortable.

I'd like a mic that doesn't sound horrible at least but I don't stream or anything like that so I don't need any studio quality type mic. I would prefer a smaller mic though. The mic on the GSP is huge and to mute it you have to raise it. I always feel like it will break every time I raise or lower it but it hasn't happened yet.

Functionality is important as well. I'd like to be able to easily control the Volume and Mic Mute. I'd prefer USB as well as I like to plug the headset into my Keyboard that way and prefer not to have the wire plugged into the back of the PC through an audio jack.

Oh right I wear glasses.

I've never tried an open-back headset but it seems that most of them are closed back. Anyone here love their open-back headsets and would not use a closed-back pair instead?

That's about it I guess. I'd appreciate any recommendations you can toss my way. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Solution
When it comes to sound technology, BOSE is right up there with good reviews and ratings...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
Headphones | Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II Headset | $179.99 @ Target
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $179.99
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-26 04:46 EST-0500 |

https://headphonesreviewedcompared.spread.name/?filter=Wireless-:Wireless;Mic-:Microphone;Enclosure-:Closed-Back;Type-:Over-ear;ControlsVolumeControl-:Volume%20Control

When it comes to sound technology, BOSE is right up there with good reviews and ratings...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
| Total | $179.99

https://headphonesreviewedcompared.spread.name/?filter=Wireless-:Wireless;Mic-:Microphone;Enclosure-:Closed-Back;Type-:Over-ear;ControlsVolumeControl-:Volume%20Control

Solution

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
| Total | $179.99

The Bose is supposed to be used as a wired headset for gaming.

The Bose is supposed to be used as a wired headset for gaming.
Well, wireless headsets are mostly similar when it comes to gaming except SteelSeries, but it looses out on some other factors like noise cancellation. So, if gaming is priority, better to go along with SteelSeries...

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
Headphones | SteelSeries ARCTIS 7 2019 Edition 7.1 Channel Headset | $119.26 @ Amazon
| Total | $119.26
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-11-26 06:54 EST-0500 |

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.