Question Looking for something similar to Age of Empires II and Supreme Commander?

zak88lx

Commendable
Mar 6, 2021
Hello,

My two favorite PC games to play are Age of Empires II and Supreme Commander.
I have hundreds of hours in both and really enjoy these RTS style games.

Can someone recommend some alternative PC games that are similar to the above in nature?
I want to play something new to me, but it doesn't need to be newly released.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I only play Single Player, so Multi Player support does not matter.

Thanks!

header.jpg

SupCom-win-cover.jpg

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Always the Command & Conquer franchise. Warcraft/Starcraft franchise. A little more dumbed down than AoE or Supreme Commander though.

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k (the original planned licenses that Warcraft and Starcraft were meant to be)

Company of Heroes series. More like a war gaming RTS.

I like to throw out Sins of a Solar Empire. It has many expansions and there are also several mods out there that add stuff or are complete conversions to say, Star Trek or Eve Online themes. In that same vein is Stellaris, but I haven't tried it.

Reactions: zak88lx

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i'll second the command& conquer series. and my fav rts series which is the Warhammer 40k Dawn of War series.

Dark Crusade and Soulstorm have many hours of single player campaign. 7 different races each with its own storyline as you play through. but all of them are great games. DOW 2 and 3 not so much really but the first series is well worth it and old enough that you can get all of them in a pack on steam for $10 or less on sale quite often. think the C&C collection is like $5 on origin or something cheap like that.

I think they’ve got an age of empires 4.

If you like historical games and want more graphics maybe check out Rome 2 total war.

If you want an older game, I had hours and hours and hours into this game as a kid

Might be time to buy a new copy:).