Question Looking for something to display video

zbsullivan02

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
I am looking to try out streaming and I have an old pc laying around with an i7 860 in it. When I used to use it with my 1050ti I could stream and multitask with ease, but I got a new pc with an i3-8100 and a 1060, and cannot even have youtube open while gaming. All of this is besides the point, I am looking for a cheap video output for my old PC because my i7 860 has no internal graphics and I was wondering if there was anyway to get an output without buying a new gpu.

There are a few USB options, but really you'd probably be better off getting an old graphics card. Something really cheap like a Radeon 5450 or GT 710. Those can be had for just about the price of a USB video output and are much better. Plus most of those USB to video adapters require USB 3, which I'm pretty sure that an older motherboard that supports the i7 860 are not likely to have.

If you had a little more to spend, like in the $100 range you could get an RX 550 or GT 1030 and have a reasonable low end gaming machine, but a $40 graphics card is all you really need for a display.

Reactions: zbsullivan02