looking for somthing compareable

brose80

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
so i have been looking at the Asus gene VI board. mainly because of the special addon card and the 8 channel sound setup. but was wondering if there is anything out there cheaper and that has comparable or better features to price. I plan to OC in the future when my cpu starts to become slow for the current tech at the time. I am a big asus fan but i am open to change as long as I am also buying a quality board. features i need are usb 3, atleast one pcie x16 slot and decent sound and Nic.
form factor ATX or mATX

Solution

Well in terms of quality it is more comparable to the Extreme 4, but with some upgrades. It is the best board with a red and black color scheme for the price, and I'm guessing that's what your looking for. The gene is a great board, but in all honestly the only reason it is that expensive is because of the design and maybe the sound card. In terms of overclocking they should be around the same.

brose80

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013

the price is great but what makes it comparable to the gene? I only ask to justify it to myself.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Well in terms of quality it is more comparable to the Extreme 4, but with some upgrades. It is the best board with a red and black color scheme for the price, and I'm guessing that's what your looking for. The gene is a great board, but in all honestly the only reason it is that expensive is because of the design and maybe the sound card. In terms of overclocking they should be around the same.

Solution