Question Looking for suggestions for new gaming laptop

Kristofer_2

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
I am in need of suggestions for a new gaming laptop. I could build a desktop, as I have done it many times. But when it comes to laptops... I know next to nothing about good ones! I am in need of a portable gaming machine, so here it goes:

It needs to be able to handle the following games: GTA V, American Truck Simulator, FIFA (the sports game), House Flipper, as well as some other sports games like NBA 2k and maybe some of the older Call of Duty games and Battlefield 3. I'd love to be able to play Far Cry, as well, but it's not necessary. The bolded games are the most important.

As far as display goes: full 1080P HD is sufficient, I do not need nor want 4k or anything like that. 15.6" is plenty for size, but I won't oppose to 17". Just nothing smaller than 15.6".

I'd like the onboard keyboard to be backlit, but it is NOT necessary. It should be relatively quiet, no loud key pressed or anything, like that.

Good airflow, of course!

Budget: honestly anything, I thought about getting a Razer Blade 15, but that seems like extreme overkill for the games I play... so I need some help! Like I said, I don't really have a budget, let's say a max of $2500, but if possible, I would like to spend less than $1500 :)

Lutfij

Titan
Stylizing your thread akin to this thread, would actually be of a lot more assistance to the community. You should be fine with any of the cream of the crop style laptop's on the market given how you have a healthy budget but please keep in mind that games these days are now being pushed further and further by dev's in order to use more resources for higher fidelity.

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
Personally I have been using a Lenovo Legion 5 - ITH6H
i7 11800H, 3060 (130W), 16GB RAM, 512 SSD with 1080p 165Hz IP screen.
It has a Mux switch and advanced optimus, so it saves me few more FPS since it connects the DGPU directly to the screen.

It doesn't get too hot and noise is bearable. I would recommend it.

Feb 10, 2022
I am in need of suggestions for a new gaming laptop. I could build a desktop, as I have done it many times. But when it comes to laptops... I know next to nothing about good ones! I am in need of a portable gaming machine, so here it goes:

It needs to be able to handle the following games: GTA V, American Truck Simulator, FIFA (the sports game), House Flipper, as well as some other sports games like NBA 2k and maybe some of the older Call of Duty games and Battlefield 3. I'd love to be able to play Far Cry, as well, but it's not necessary. The bolded games are the most important.

As far as display goes: full 1080P HD is sufficient, I do not need nor want 4k or anything like that. 15.6" is plenty for size, but I won't oppose to 17". Just nothing smaller than 15.6".

I'd like the onboard keyboard to be backlit, but it is NOT necessary. It should be relatively quiet, no loud key pressed or anything, like that.

Good airflow, of course!

Budget: honestly anything, I thought about getting a Razer Blade 15, but that seems like extreme overkill for the games I play... so I need some help! Like I said, I don't really have a budget, let's say a max of $2500, but if possible, I would like to spend less than $1500 :)

Lenovo Legion 5 with RTX3070

By far the best bang for buck I’ve found. I’ve been researching different gaming laptops for around a year now. And the legion comes out on top every time.

Lenovo Legions do full powered mobile GPU’s.
MUX switch. G-sync and V-sync. The legion pretty much covers all the bases. well priced.

No brainer.

Generally I found that the rule seems to be diminishing returns the higher you go. So there’s no point in dropping loads of cash on a really expensive laptop. It’s better to buy a decent mid range laptop and then upgrade some years down the road.

View: https://youtu.be/qjO4OS3VA-k

The performance gains that I’ve seen by the RTX 3080 over the RTX 3070 and negligible. So therefore it’s not worth paying quite a bit extra.

I myself have been waiting to pull the trigger on the Legion 5 or Legion 7.

Im going with the Intel as I mainly play plugged in so the fps gains on the Intel CPU are worth paying a bit extra imo.

View: https://youtu.be/6Iewhlouh2w

Overall — the Legion RTX 3070 is near the top of the lists when it comes to performance in games.

View: https://youtu.be/2uTsC5EcjYI