[SOLVED] Looking for suggestions which will help increase my performance

Jun 19, 2020
Theses are my currents specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Nvidia RTX 2070
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
2x8GB

I'm not super technical in this sort of area so any recommendations will be thanked.

Solution
When i'm playing games i have my chrome tabs and discord on so i left them open to simulate the same experience.
So do you think if i upgrade my ram and motherboard i should see a significant difference?
No the difference won’t be significant, not worth the cost.

Try gaming with everything else closed. I’m not sure if your motherboard supports it but if it does try switching on PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) in the BIOS.
Jun 19, 2020
What do you mean by increased performance? Higher FPS in games? Higher game settings? Faster loading times? What speed is your RAM?

Sorry when i'm mean increase performance i'm suggesting better fps.

Also like i said i'm not that technical so how can i find out the speed of my ram?

I’d suggest running userbenchmark and sharing a link to the results. This will show the rated speeds for the RAM and also the speed it is running at.

What resolution do you run? Try lowering the resolution as a test, if your FPS goes up in your games then most likely a gpu upgrade will help. However if the FPS stays similar then you are likely limited by your cpu.

Jun 19, 2020
I’d suggest running userbenchmark and sharing a link to the results. This will show the rated speeds for the RAM and also the speed it is running at.

What resolution do you run? Try lowering the resolution as a test, if your FPS goes up in your games then most likely a gpu upgrade will help. However if the FPS stays similar then you are likely limited by your cpu.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29629995

I'm running 1080p at 75hz

Hmm 2400mhz of unknown RAM. That’s probably limiting some performance but with your motherboard it’s unlikely you will be able to run RAM rated at 3000mhz. You do have high background usage of 12%, try closing all background apps and get that under 5% as it may help a little.

Games are limited by either cpu or graphics.

To improve your cpu performance, you can overclock your processor some.
To do significantly better on the cpu side would be expensive; you are looking at changing your motherboard and using a I7-10700K or a I9-10900K wither which should also be overclocked.

To improve graphics, you can buy a stronger graphics card.
Here is a simple test to see if a better graphics card would so you any good.

Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Jun 19, 2020
Hmm 2400mhz of unknown RAM. That’s probably limiting some performance but with your motherboard it’s unlikely you will be able to run RAM rated at 3000mhz. You do have high background usage of 12%, try closing all background apps and get that under 5% as it may help a little.

When i'm playing games i have my chrome tabs and discord on so i left them open to simulate the same experience.
So do you think if i upgrade my ram and motherboard i should see a significant difference?

Try gaming with everything else closed. I’m not sure if your motherboard supports it but if it does try switching on PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) in the BIOS.

Solution
Jun 19, 2020

Ok thanks ill give that try and finally will my system be able to run high end vr games comfortably?

TRENDING THREADS