Looking for the best camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

beboline2012

Prominent
Aug 16, 2017
Should i get the sony alpha a6300 or the most affordable Canon EOS rebel T6? I'm not a pro photographer, but i'm going to filmschool pretty soon, i know composotions and some cinamtography rules, but all i've recorded and work with was with my phone and i want to upgrade, my family doesn't get cameras and think that any cheap camera would work for film. I want to know if the rebel T6 can do a great job with the right lens or just buy the sony alpha a6300? If you recommend another camera by all means recommend it.

Solution
If your primary purpose for the camera is video have you considered a camcorder?

Looking at the ones you have mentioned as possibilities have you considered the T6i over the T6? The T6i will allow you to attach an external microphone whereas with the T6 you are relying solely on the internal microphone. Of course that doesn't really matter if you are using an audio recording to capture sound.

You might save enough with the T6 or T6i vs the Sony alpha a6300 to purchase another lens. One plus for the Canon is the number of available lenses. I have a Canon T4i and a T5i (both are basically the same and are nearly identical) and have no complaints with the video quality. However, since I have never recorded or seen video shot with a...
If your primary purpose for the camera is video have you considered a camcorder?

Looking at the ones you have mentioned as possibilities have you considered the T6i over the T6? The T6i will allow you to attach an external microphone whereas with the T6 you are relying solely on the internal microphone. Of course that doesn't really matter if you are using an audio recording to capture sound.

You might save enough with the T6 or T6i vs the Sony alpha a6300 to purchase another lens. One plus for the Canon is the number of available lenses. I have a Canon T4i and a T5i (both are basically the same and are nearly identical) and have no complaints with the video quality. However, since I have never recorded or seen video shot with a Sony Alpha a6300 I can't say whether the video quality is better or worse.

Do you live near a camera store or somewhere you could get your hands on both and get a feel for which one handles better?

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.