Looking for the finishing components to my build.

UniqueName2

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Hey guys! So I’m currently trying to build my first gaming pc and I see a lot of people here getting quite a bit of help with builds. My components so far are:

GPU: MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB GDRR5 256-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 SLI Twin Frozr Heat Pipes Dual TORX 2.0 Fan VR Ready Graphics Card (GTX 1070 TI GAMING 8G)

CPU: Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8600K Processor

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)

What I need help with is picking a really good motherboard, power supply, and case to fit it all in. Also do I need additional fans aside from stock fans?

I’m looking for reasonably priced remaining components I definitely want best bang for the buck as well if at all possible.

Solution
They gaming 7 z370 costs more than the carbon pro and I don't like the rgb puke design(personal opinion)

You will have the same level of overclocking ability in both.

Meshify C case is one of the best for airflow and you can easily clean it too.

The 8600k 1070ti combo will run any game at 2k 144hz. So no worries there.
Case - fractal design meshify c

Mobo - msi z370 gaming pro carbon

Cooler - cryorig h5 ultimate

Psu - evga g3 550, seasonic focus plus, corsair txm

Get a 2tb hdd and 2 corsair ML pro white led 120mm fans. (top and back)

2 fans in front as intake
1 in top as intake (for vrm cooling)
1 in the back as exhaust (full speed)

UniqueName2

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the response! I saw the msi mobo and read some reviews on it and someone on the reviews suggested the gigabyte version over the msi. Is there any reason to pick the gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 7 over the msi? Is one better than the other in my specific build? A little insight into what I’m looking to build is something that runs quiet and cool with easy access to clean system out but can run tons of games no problem.

They gaming 7 z370 costs more than the carbon pro and I don't like the rgb puke design(personal opinion)

You will have the same level of overclocking ability in both.

Meshify C case is one of the best for airflow and you can easily clean it too.

The 8600k 1070ti combo will run any game at 2k 144hz. So no worries there.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS