[SOLVED] Looking for the most cost effective way to play WOW found a used rif

Nov 5, 2019
Hey all, looking to get back into WOW but not trying to spend to much on a new system as I will only use it for WOW no other gaming, I found used system online for 250$, keep in mind it does not have a GPU but I can add that, specs: i5 6400, 8 gig 2500mhz ram, 1tb 7200 rpm hdd, 60 gig ssd, 500 wat psu.
I can add another 8gb of ram for pretty cheap also and can anyone recommend and decent graphics card that won't break the bank?

Solution
First of all welcome to the Forums!

Anyway as for a GPU if all you are playing is WOW then the integrated graphics will be plenty capable. If you do need a dedicated graphics card for whatever reason i would suggest something low end like a Radeon RX 560 or a GTX 1050TI. both are in the 130-150 USD price range. much cheaper than that and you may as well just be using the integrated graphics.

Cheers!
First of all welcome to the Forums!

Anyway as for a GPU if all you are playing is WOW then the integrated graphics will be plenty capable. If you do need a dedicated graphics card for whatever reason i would suggest something low end like a Radeon RX 560 or a GTX 1050TI. both are in the 130-150 USD price range. much cheaper than that and you may as well just be using the integrated graphics.

Cheers!

Solution

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hey all, looking to get back into WOW but not trying to spend to much on a new system as I will only use it for WOW no other gaming, I found used system online for 250$, keep in mind it does not have a GPU but I can add that, specs: i5 6400, 8 gig 2500mhz ram, 1tb 7200 rpm hdd, 60 gig ssd, 500 wat psu.
I can add another 8gb of ram for pretty cheap also and can anyone recommend and decent graphics card that won't break the bank?

Hard to answer that without a budget to work with. $100? $150? $250?

Here's a 1050Ti for $139.99
Slightly cheaper is the RX 560 for $107.99.
For under $100 is the GT 730 for $89.99 (Video)

Let us know how much you can realistically spend and we'll send a few ideas your way. :)

Last edited: