Question Looking for the name of an HP Laserjet internal part

Feb 12, 2019
Hi,

I have got a question about the good old printer HP Laserjet 4000.

Does anyone know the name of the internal part whose reference is RB1-8665?

It’s a big black part that integrates nearly all the assemblies (Fusing, Delivery, Printer Drive, Paper Feed Guide, Tray 1 Pickup, Tray 1 for instance)?

Thanks for helping me!

Feb 12, 2019
Hi hang-the-9,

Thanks for the link!

I followed it and the RB1-8665 is listed but unfortunately there is a mistake in this webpage as it can’t be “8 D rollers”.

This RB1-8665 reference is actually a big black part, a “structure” with no rollers.

You can see a drawing of it in the center of this diagram: https://laserpros.kecommerce11.net/img/PartsDiagrams/hp-laserjet-4000-internal-components-3-of-3.pdf

This is the only part neither listed nor named :(

Would you know the name?

Are you talking about the actual core of the printer that everything attaches to? The one marked as A? Don't know the exact name for that from HP would be, but you have the part number which is all you would need to find the part. Or contact some printer repair places.

Feb 12, 2019
Thanks hang-the-9!

Yes it is the one I'm talking about!

Well the problem is exchange or replacement part numbers of the HP Laserjet 4000 – 4050 do not have the same reference as the original ones.

For instance the main motor assembly is RG5-3729 and its replacement is RH7-1331.

That’s what I am looking for as well as the name. Though it might seem unbelievable I have not found any online listing for the RB1-8665 yet.