Jul 26, 2019
Hello first thread here, i don't know if i choose the correct topic but i didn't find any for soldering, im a noob at soldering and i was looking at a video on how to charge a passive adapter to make it active because of my ps4 and I don't want to spend anymore money on adapters. Let me explain i have a VGA monitor and my ps4 has hdmi slot so i need a active adapter and as far i understood it needs to be powered by a 5v charger micro usb and my adapter doesn't have that it has only 3.5 audio jack so i watched this video (i can post a pink in the replies if someone is asking for it and im allowed to) and he soldered 2 wires one for 5v and 1 for grounding but his adapter pins are a little different than mines so my question is can you help me choose which pin is for grounding and which for 5v charging. Picture of the adapter:
https://prntscr.com/okble5
my English is a mess

To be blunt if you've found someone that has done that on the internet i'd talk to them. I'm not sure how this would work, surely passive and active adaptors would have different components inside that need or don't need additional power, just applying power wouldn't take it from one to the other.