[SOLVED] Looking for the user manual for the Packard-Bell 950c.

Oct 28, 2020
Just dug this old 950c out of the basement that probably hasn't been run in well over two decades, and I'm trying to find the manual, or a disassembly guide. Front plate does not want to budge and I don't want to apply force and break anything as it's a pretty neat case.

Apologies if this is the wrong category, new to the forums.

Solution
Yeah, haven't had much luck so far. Trying my best to make sure I don't break anything so I can have it running as a curiosity, or maybe even get some modern parts inside if the casing isn't for some proprietary garbage.

Honestly, it's mostly a curiosity. Your best bet is probably finding a cheap PSU for a similar old PC trying to fire it up. This is only a few years after the introduction of ATX and prebuilts were extremely proprietary at this point. The cooling situation is likely to be a huge issue as well as these were designed for PCs with 20-30W CPUs and no discrete GPU (I believe, from a glance, that this likely had a Pentium II or something similar in it).

I don't mean to discourage you because projects like this...

DSzymborski

Titan
Just dug this old 950c out of the basement that probably hasn't been run in well over two decades, and I'm trying to find the manual, or a disassembly guide. Front plate does not want to budge and I don't want to apply force and break anything as it's a pretty neat case.

Apologies if this is the wrong category, new to the forums.

I wish you luck finding the manual, but old consumer-oriented Packard Bells are highly unlikely to have a manual that goes into these details. Most of these came with simple basic Getting Started guides.

Oct 28, 2020
I wish you luck finding the manual, but old consumer-oriented Packard Bells are highly unlikely to have a manual that goes into these details. Most of these came with simple basic Getting Started guides.
Yeah, haven't had much luck so far. Trying my best to make sure I don't break anything so I can have it running as a curiosity, or maybe even get some modern parts inside if the casing isn't for some proprietary garbage.

DSzymborski

Titan

Honestly, it's mostly a curiosity. Your best bet is probably finding a cheap PSU for a similar old PC trying to fire it up. This is only a few years after the introduction of ATX and prebuilts were extremely proprietary at this point. The cooling situation is likely to be a huge issue as well as these were designed for PCs with 20-30W CPUs and no discrete GPU (I believe, from a glance, that this likely had a Pentium II or something similar in it).

I don't mean to discourage you because projects like this can be fun; I do just want to temper your expectations a bit before you start spending actual money.

Solution