Looking For Tips (Case Fans)

Irish4prez

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
Hello,

I have recently built a new gaming rig. It's my first build and I kind of splurged and ended up with components that were over budget. Regardless, I am very pleased with the results and have a fine machine. I just wanted to list my current components and ask anyone with similar builds what the best aftermarket cooling solution would be (mid-high end). I also want to get peoples idea on my current case fan set up and see if I should change that for better performance. Currently, I have the two Corsair AF series fans on the front of the case for intake. I have the power supply faced down for intake as well. I have the two Corsair SP120's on the top and rear for exhaust. Mind you, when I upgrade to aftermarket cooling, I'll be using one or both of the sp120's for that and will have to put the stock Bitfenix fans back on the top and rear. Will that work out? The Ronin chassis also has room for another fan on the top and bottom (currently empty), should I utilize all possible fan locations (6 not including power supply) or is that overkill?

My Rig:
Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (Stock Cooling)
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
BitFenix Ronin ATX Mid Tower Case
Thermaltake TR2 600W ATX Power Supply
Corsair Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition (2-Pack) 62.7 CFM 120mm Fans
Corsair CO-9050016-BLED 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan (2-Pack)

Solution
List gets better as you go down it. I would not have any issues putting any of them on my cpu.

cooler master hyper 212 evo
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Noctua NH-D14
Noctua NH-D15
XSPC raystorm water loop