Looking for upgrade advice (600 Budget

Tatsuro

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012
Hey all, I'm looking for suggestions on what to do with my current build. Im not sure what to upgrade atm but the goal is to make this a possible streaming computer or just make this rig more powerful

Current Specs:
i5 2500k (stock clock)
z77 asus V-LK
G.Skill Ares Series 16gb/1600 ram
Sapphire 7870 Ghz Edition
1x 500gb HDD, 1x 1TB HDD
Windows 8.1 Pro (bleh)
Corsair TX 650 v2 (i believe)

Not sure if you guys really need anything else, but yeah my rig is kinda Dated Built in 2012 have swapped cards twice.
i thought about buying the 970, 3rd gen i7's, upgrade my Power supply or Ram, but really unsure on where i should honestly go.
Siding my cash and buying a 1k-1.3k Build is also an option but likely would purchase later in the year. Just really looking for some input either it be a purchase within the week or later in the year :) Thanks for reading

Smallfilou

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
If I were you I'd keep the processor and MB, as well as the ram for a while.
You can go for a 970, great idea, your processor will not bottleneck it. That would leave some headroom in terms of power for some OC on that 2500k, which is one of the best OC'ing intel processors ever... Which in turn leeds to changing the CPU cooler if it is a stock one...

If you got enough space, I'd definitely recommend a tower 12cm cooler...

And my current desktop is "kinda dated" as well... QX9650@3,7GHz... but why change if it works fine???

Tatsuro

Honorable
Jun 18, 2012

haha true. and forgot to list i have my reliable hyper 212+ in there have run it on 4.0-4.2 before unsure if ill need to if i start streaming haha. and actually i just got that ram a few months ago, gave my old corsair vengence ram to my friend for his build i did for him. got my ares series for about $100? couldnt resist haha.
not sure if i should up my cooler tho (liquid??) living in hawaii sucks during the middle of the year (march/april -> october) gets sticky humid hot :\