Question Looking for upgrade advice.

Nov 20, 2019
My motherboard died this morning for good this time. This is the third time that the 3rd and 4th RAM slot died. No more warranty and no repairing it this time.

Asus Maximus IV Hero
32g Corsair Dominator
Asus Strix 1070 SLI
Samsung 850 Pro (Boot Drive)
EVGA Supernova 850 P2

I’m only looking to replace the motherboard, cpu and memory. Maybe the boot drive to M.2 but every else is still usable.
I’m just look for some recommendations for upgrades and Black Friday is coming soon. Any recommendations are appreciated thx.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age. I'm worried that your PSU might be taking out your components in your build, if it's the third time the same thing has happened with your ram slots.

How much are you looking to spend? Preferred site for purchases? Location so we can suggest something close by like Microcenter...?

Nov 20, 2019
PSU is an EVGA Supernova 850 P2 and it’s approximately 3 years old. This board has board had been sent to ASUS for repair twice before for the same thing. I individually tested each RAM slot with two different kits and it only boots on the first two. Memory slots 3 and 4 put the PC into a endless reboot loop. I do have a Corsair AX 1200i laying around if I need.

I haven’t thought about a budget yet but any Canadian site like Newegg, Canada Computers, Memory Express. I will be checking for deals daily. Thanks for your help

Last edited: