Looking for upgrade recommendations

Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I haven't done a cpu/motherboard upgrade in awhile so I've gotten a bit out of the loop. I use my pc mainly for gaming and I am currently running an AMD FX 8350 with a GTX 1060 6gb with 16gb of RAM. As you can probably imagine, my cpu is bottlenecking the GPU, a problem I wish to resolve with the upgrade.

With my GPU being my most recent upgrade I do not plan on replacing it any time soon. With that in mind, what is the best cpu I can get now that won't be bottlenecking my 1060? And maybe also gives me a bit of future proofing for whenever I decide to upgrade the 1060 down the road.

I have a budget of around $500 and with that I need a CPU, motherboard, and new RAM. The rest of my system will remain the same.

I did a little searching before posting and couldn't find any newer similar questions beyond 2017. Thanks everyone.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Feb 4, 2019
Gotcha. Well thank you for the quick reply nonetheless. I may just go with the 2600 for now and set the extra aside for when I do upgrade the 1060 down the road. Got some time to think about it still!

Feb 3, 2019
Try waiting until the 3XXX series Ryzen CPUs come out this year and see what the prices are for those, and with them coming out I would expect the prices of the 2nd gen chips to drop as well, so see if you can hold out for a little later in the year. for mobo I've got an Asus B350-F Gaming that I can't complain about, and I've got G.Skill Trident Z ram.

TRENDING THREADS