Question Looking for upgrade

darthfiraxia

Honorable
Dec 30, 2017
Hi

I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card from my current Asus Radeon RX560 4GB GDDR5.

I currently have a Gigabyte AB350- Gaming motherboard, Ryzen 7 2700, 24GB DDR4 2400mhz, OCZ 650w PSU and running Windows 10 64bit.

I have quite a limited budget of £140/$170

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

With your budget, You can buy RX6500XT, ARC380, or GTX1650 class cards.
I would generally look for stronger or you may be disappointed if you do not see magical results.

To see if you really can take advantage of a stronger graphics card, run this test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I'm afraid the budget isn't sufficient. Any GPU that's a significant upgrade would require a PSU refresh; OCZ hasn't even existed except as a Kioxia sub-brand for about a decade and a lot of the OCZ PSUs -- you unfortunate did not specify -- just weren't particularly good.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I haven't got one. My PSU hasn't let me down yet and I've had it for a least 10 years.

That's an absolutely terrible idea. "Hasn't let you down" doesn't mean it's working properly; it's the equivalent of saying "eating a pound of bacon every day hasn't killed me yet so I'll keep doing it!" That it's 10 years old is a bad thing, not a feature.

But everyone has the right to do risky, irresponsible things as long as it only affects themselves, so all I can do is wish you luck. Hopefully we won't see you posting in a couple months wondering why your GPU isn't working.

Kona45primo

Honorable
Jan 16, 2021
Wait until your budget is less limited. With a B350 you could bump up to a 5000 series CPU , 6700 GPU, faster ram... But a good power supply is required.. Get your side hustle on :) figure $500 and you'll have the budget to quadruple+ the performance