[SOLVED] Looking for WiFi adapter or analyser with support of 167 and 173 5GHz channel support

Jul 3, 2021
Hi,

I have a set of APs with 5GHz support including channels 167 and 173. I'm using that for communication.
To check the coverage of these channels i require Wifi Adapter or anylsiser, but i'm not able to find one.

Request you all to kindly let me know antt adpter with 167 and 173 channels support.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Are you sure that is the part number. Those are old garbage. They only support 802.11a on the 5g band. This would be called wifi1 it is 5 full generations of equipment outdated.

Next it greatly depends on what country you are in. Most countries do not allow it and those that do the rules are different. The use of these bands was only allowed in the USA the very end of last year. Unless the manufactures knew about this in advance I suspect it is going to be very hard to find devices for a while.

So I suspect the answer is going to be much more complex since you have to get devices for the proper country.

This is mostly for 802.11ax (ie wifi6) so even if you were to find devices I don't know if they can run 802.11a on...
Are you sure that is the part number. Those are old garbage. They only support 802.11a on the 5g band. This would be called wifi1 it is 5 full generations of equipment outdated.

Next it greatly depends on what country you are in. Most countries do not allow it and those that do the rules are different. The use of these bands was only allowed in the USA the very end of last year. Unless the manufactures knew about this in advance I suspect it is going to be very hard to find devices for a while.

So I suspect the answer is going to be much more complex since you have to get devices for the proper country.

This is mostly for 802.11ax (ie wifi6) so even if you were to find devices I don't know if they can run 802.11a on those channels.

Solution
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for your response.

I know the device is to old. But it is already installed on site. I’m facing issue in the network coverage. So I want to scan the area. Can you suggest if there’s any other way to scan the like WiFi spectrum analyser etc.

Not sure what your goal is. A actual spectrum analyzer is extremely expensive. You could look at ubiquiti outdoor bridge devices. They have a mode they can run as a actual spectrum analyser. I think they call it airview or something, been a while since I was on their site. It is a graph type display that show signal power at the different frequeicies. It is not decoding any of the wifi data but it can detect non wifi stuff like security cameras or baby monitors or even microwave ovens. You have to buy either 2.4 or 5g they do not run as both. I know the cheapst way to do this was with nanostation loco for about $50. They have new models so verify that it still has this feature.

Reactions: Sharn25