Question Looking for Win 11 22h2 compatible sound card for digital 5.1 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
Can anyone tell me a soundcard that is fully functional in Windows 11 22h2 and can drive 5.1 speakers (analog inputs or toslink w/ dts or dolby)?

Thanks.

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
My own sound card (Creative X-Fi Titanium) is not supported under Windows 11 22h2 and doesn't look like that will be changing. I have tried 22h2 and wound up having to restore the system from image backup to have functional sound again.

I use my sound card to drive THX-certified 5.1 digital speakers, currently using DTS as you have to use DTS or Dolby to get 5.1 digital, toslink without them is limited to stereo.

I am looking to replace my sound card but don't want to lose capabilities -- but it looks like there is no choice on that. I also have a 7.1 headset (real 7.1, Razer Tiamat), and I need a microphone input, as I am a musician and use my computer for quick-n-dirty recordings.

I have given up on real 7.1 output-- no current sound card appears to have that.

I have been researching sound cards that seem to work without issue in 22h2. So far, I haven't found any -- simple google searches show large numbers of users with issues on every potential card I've investigated under 22h2.

Thus, I am asking here.

If you actually run 22h2, and actually run 5.1 digital speakers, but are not using built-in motherboard-based sound, please reply with what sound card you have.

Thanks!

My own sound card (Creative X-Fi Titanium) is not supported under Windows 11 22h2 and doesn't look like that will be changing. I have tried 22h2 and wound up having to restore the system from image backup to have functional sound again.

I use my sound card to drive THX-certified 5.1 digital speakers, currently using DTS as you have to use DTS or Dolby to get 5.1 digital, toslink without them is limited to stereo.

I am looking to replace my sound card but don't want to lose capabilities -- but it looks like there is no choice on that. I also have a 7.1 headset (real 7.1, Razer Tiamat), and I need a microphone input, as I am a musician and use my computer for quick-n-dirty recordings.

I have given up on real 7.1 output-- no current sound card appears to have that.

I have been researching sound cards that seem to work without issue in 22h2. So far, I haven't found any -- simple google searches show large numbers of users with issues on every potential card I've investigated under 22h2.

Thus, I am asking here.

If you actually run 22h2, and actually run 5.1 digital speakers, but are not using built-in motherboard-based sound, please reply with what sound card you have.

Thanks!
i do have soundblaster z and im not on 22h2 due to dts/dolby encoder issues over digital in 22h2 (same goes for AE series)...but soundblaster command got some update for 22h2...so ima gonna try it

Status
Not open for further replies.