Question Looking for Win 11 22h2 compatible sound card for digital 5.1 speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
Can anyone tell me a soundcard that is fully functional in Windows 11 22h2 and can drive 5.1 speakers (analog inputs or toslink w/ dts or dolby)?

Thanks.

seamus_ar

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2012
My own sound card (Creative X-Fi Titanium) is not supported under Windows 11 22h2 and doesn't look like that will be changing. I have tried 22h2 and wound up having to restore the system from image backup to have functional sound again.

I use my sound card to drive THX-certified 5.1 digital speakers, currently using DTS as you have to use DTS or Dolby to get 5.1 digital, toslink without them is limited to stereo.

I am looking to replace my sound card but don't want to lose capabilities -- but it looks like there is no choice on that. I also have a 7.1 headset (real 7.1, Razer Tiamat), and I need a microphone input, as I am a musician and use my computer for quick-n-dirty recordings.

I have given up on real 7.1 output-- no current sound card appears to have that.

I have been researching sound cards that seem to work without issue in 22h2. So far, I haven't found any -- simple google searches show large numbers of users with issues on every potential card I've investigated under 22h2.

Thus, I am asking here.

If you actually run 22h2, and actually run 5.1 digital speakers, but are not using built-in motherboard-based sound, please reply with what sound card you have.

Thanks!

My own sound card (Creative X-Fi Titanium) is not supported under Windows 11 22h2 and doesn't look like that will be changing. I have tried 22h2 and wound up having to restore the system from image backup to have functional sound again.

I use my sound card to drive THX-certified 5.1 digital speakers, currently using DTS as you have to use DTS or Dolby to get 5.1 digital, toslink without them is limited to stereo.

I am looking to replace my sound card but don't want to lose capabilities -- but it looks like there is no choice on that. I also have a 7.1 headset (real 7.1, Razer Tiamat), and I need a microphone input, as I am a musician and use my computer for quick-n-dirty recordings.

I have given up on real 7.1 output-- no current sound card appears to have that.

I have been researching sound cards that seem to work without issue in 22h2. So far, I haven't found any -- simple google searches show large numbers of users with issues on every potential card I've investigated under 22h2.

Thus, I am asking here.

If you actually run 22h2, and actually run 5.1 digital speakers, but are not using built-in motherboard-based sound, please reply with what sound card you have.

Thanks!
i do have soundblaster z and im not on 22h2 due to dts/dolby encoder issues over digital in 22h2 (same goes for AE series)...but soundblaster command got some update for 22h2...so ima gonna try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS