Looking for WIndows 10 Drivers for IdeaWorks WiFi Antenna (USB)

Apr 11, 2018
I have several IdeaWorks Indoor/Outdoor Long Distance WiFi Antenna (USB) SKU = JB6612-- The CD that comes with them will only support up to Windows 8 and so the antennas are not recognized when plugged into the USB Port of a Windows 10 Computer. I contacted the USA Mfr www.Jobar.com and they told me that they only have drivers up to Windows 8 and do NOT have any drivers for Windows 10. The CD has a driver for Ralink. Was wondering if anyone has found an updated Driver for these antennas that will work with Windows 10? (https://www.jobar.com/shop/ideaworks/long-distance-wifi-antenna.html)

Solution
No need to contact MediaTek. If that's the chipset used (it would appear it is), then the driver I linked will either work... or it won't. If a driver exists from the manufacturer, it will be on the website.

There's a few different routes to go to identify the chip used..... but the most accurate would be to open one up, yes. The product listing above would appear to confirm... but that's not to say there weren't various 'runs' produced, with potential to have used other components.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Windows 10 has native "generic" Wifi drivers built-in, so I'm surprised they do not work at all...... likely not a good sign.

As for locating a driver... If you can identify the specific Ralink chip at their core, then drivers from can probably be sourced directly.

If this is the same thing:
https://www.rakuten.com/shop/stores123/product/123-JOB-JB6612/

Then it would appear the Ralink 3070 chipset is used.

Ralink are now owned by MediaTek (as of 2011, so most likely quite an older device you have there), then drivers appear to be available directly from MediaTek here:
https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadbandWifi/rt3070

It all depends what chip they're using,

Apr 11, 2018

Apr 11, 2018
That is the unit that I am referring to.

When I first contacted the USA Mfr they told me the same thing that Windows 10 should already have the necessary Drivers loaded but when I plug these antennas into any Windows 10 computer it does NOT even recognize that I have anything plugged into the USB Port. When I plug them into a Windows XP or Vista or Windows 7 they are identified immediately and ask for the CD with the Drivers.

The CD when loaded indicates that it is Ralink Software for Windows XP/Vista/Win7

I will contact MediaTek and see if they can be of assistance-

How would I identify the Chipset used? By opening up the antenna and checking out the Circuit Board inside??

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
No need to contact MediaTek. If that's the chipset used (it would appear it is), then the driver I linked will either work... or it won't. If a driver exists from the manufacturer, it will be on the website.

There's a few different routes to go to identify the chip used..... but the most accurate would be to open one up, yes. The product listing above would appear to confirm... but that's not to say there weren't various 'runs' produced, with potential to have used other components.

Solution