Looking for Z77 motherboard suggestions

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
Hello all im making a build using the i5-3570k and i am looking for a motherboard, i was looking at the Asus P8Z77-V LE and the Asus P8Z77-V LK, but im not to sure if i should get one of them or look at something else, i dont plan on doing any high overclocking or anything

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

out of the LK and LE which would be better for a first timer like myself?

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011

Either would be fine. If you;re not overclocking, then choose the cheaper board. We're on hand to support you here if need be.

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

I have had some people tell me that the LK and LE are capable of some light overclocking, is this true? me being new to all this im not trying to do some insane overclocking right off the bat but maybe sometime down the road i want to overclock a bit.

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

How far could someone push a overclock on the LE and still be safe would you think?

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Ahh i was expecting less than that.

Also when asking some people on another site i had a few people say something along the lines of "have fun with those sata connectors" when i suggested the LE, is there something im missing thats wrong with the sata connectors on the LE?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Nothing I know of, have worked on a couple or 3, and no problems that I've encountered, maybe the people didn't have the latest BIOS or drivers which is all to common - many people build a computer, load the drivers off the CD that comes with it and never even check again - most builders often just throw that CD away as oft times the drivers on a CD are already out of date when you get the mobo

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Ahh. I have never updated my bios before, is the process any more difficult than updating graphics card drivers?

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Ok, seems simple enough.

Also what is your experince in using RAM that is not on the QVL?

I dont think i will have the money to buy RAM after getting this mobo/i5-3570k/my case/and windows 8 so i planned on using the RAM that is in this current PC.

There is some RAM on the QVL from the same manufacturer (Asint) just not the exact part number as mine, would you think i would be ok?

Tyrone Friskie

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Thats what i thought but some other people seemed to make the QVL more important than it really is. The ram i have is 1600 MHz.

I will probably eventually upgrade my ram so i can use that asint ram back in the PC i am going to take it out of.

TRENDING THREADS