Question Looking one way in game gives me 150fps turn the other way and it drops to 10 fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2021
I have been having this problem lately in games where they have all suddenly given me extremely low fps . For the game in the question it was just MUCK which is a relatively simple game and when i look one way normally towards the water with nothing else it runs like it used to at about 150fps roughly. When i turn 180 degrees into the middle of the world again i get 10fps. I noticed it in games like GTA V as well where the menu screen would start at like 65 fps then drop to 30 then if i open the game i get a consistent 2 fps.

Running these games on my Dell XPS 15 with (8gb ram, windows 10 v 21H1, GTX 1650 intel i7-9750H CPU). I know this laptop isnt meant for gaming but it used to run these games on either high or medium settings an get 80fps + unsure as to why i am getting this problem now i have,

uninstalled all graphics drivers with ddu and reinstalled them,
checked for all drivers and if they need updates,
updated bios,
set all related nvidia settings to use gpu and prioritize performance over quality and set all settings to minimum in all games still no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated

Nov 7, 2021
SOLVED it was due to software called citrix which i used to remote into uni computers to use their 3d modelling software i uninstalled and boom back to running all games fine idk why it fixed it but it did

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS