Looking to add more fans plus an automatic controller - help please!

bazpaul

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi guys,

I currently have Bitfenix Prodigy case with the two stock 120mm fans - one front and one back. Connected into the standard fan controller on the mobo

I would love to install three more - another one at back, one on the top and another on the front BUT if possible link them to a seperate controller.

My comp runs very cool 80% of the time while I work, however I would like all three extra fans to kick in for that 20% of time when i'm shredding away in BF4 :)

Now I dont really want to have to manually turn an ugly knob sticking out of my case to ignite these three fans when I jump into a game.

Can I connect these three extra fans to molex power cables but wire up a temp sensor or controller so that the power only switches on to the fans over X number of degrees (say 60C).

I know i most likely descriving something in existence but I cant find any info online!

Thanks guys!!!

Solution
Yeah, I wouldn't do more than 3 off a single header. You shouldn't need more than 3 case fans in a Prodigy, though. My best results in the Prodigy were intakes on front and back (140mm) with an exhaust out the top (rear placement)

bazpaul

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hi mate, thanks for your reply.

I already have a fan splitter cable coming from my motherboards fan header (gigabyte z77n-wifi) - but I thought I read somewhere that it's not recomended to power 4-5 fans from one motherboard fan header. More fans = more strain on the mobo.