Looking to build a gaming & music production PC

otm

Reputable
May 4, 2014
Hello all.

I'm trying to put together a PC that I can use for both gaming and music production. Gaming-wise, I'm looking for something that can run most modern games on high settings without any issues or lag. Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, The Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Skyrim....stuff like that.

As far as music production, I mainly use Ableton Live. For now I only use the program, but eventually I will include a midi keyboard, synthesizers, microphones, guitars, etc. I am having a lot of issues with freezing up and lag, so I'm looking to being able to work on a project with many tracks and effects without any issues.

My budget is ideally $1000 or under, but I can stretch to $1200.

I already have a mouse, keyboard, speakers, monitor, and external harddrive (mostly for backup storage). Other than that though, looking to build everything from scratch, including an OS (Windows 8).

I am pretty new to building PC's. I've done some looking around, but there are so many parts to choose from, that I really don't know where to start. Went on choosemypc.net as well, but that focuses only on gaming and nothing on music production.

So, could someone maybe help put together a solid build that includes what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Solution
Amd fx 8320. Gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p. Kingston blue 2x4gb ddr3 1600. Western digital caviar blue 1TB. Evga gtx 760. Rosewill challenger atx case. Cosair builder 600 watt psu.

TRENDING THREADS