[SOLVED] Looking to build a pc-Budget: 1100€

Aug 23, 2019
So far, this is what ive come up with

Power Supply: Corsair TX-M Series TX650M
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Asus Radeon RX 5700 8GB
Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Ssd: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB
Hdd: Western Digital Blue 3.5" 1TB (7200rpm)
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Gray 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (BLS16G4D32AESB)
Case: CoolerMaster MasterCase MC500
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 Esports Duo
-i was told that the motherboard would need a bios update, but then i was told it wouldnt so i dont really know.

Mind you im not even slightly knowledgeable on pc parts and such, your input would be very much appreciated

(need it for gaming)

Solution
The motherboard might require it but it depends on which version it was shipped with. Fortunately it has the BIOS Flashback feature which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU.

I would hold off on the aftermarket CPU cooler for now as the stock Wraith cooler is quite good.

And as long as the memory is in a 2x8gb kit then the rest of the build looks good, the only thing I might change is to get a RX 5700 with a aftermarket cooler as it will run much cooler then that blower style.

All in all, nice build.

WildCard999

Titan
The motherboard might require it but it depends on which version it was shipped with. Fortunately it has the BIOS Flashback feature which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU.

I would hold off on the aftermarket CPU cooler for now as the stock Wraith cooler is quite good.

And as long as the memory is in a 2x8gb kit then the rest of the build looks good, the only thing I might change is to get a RX 5700 with a aftermarket cooler as it will run much cooler then that blower style.

All in all, nice build.

Reactions: thisstaTM
Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Unless your transferring a lot of files such as they do with editing I wouldn't bother with the 970, gaming & general use I doubt you'd see a difference between that or the XPG. Another one I'd recommend if it's cheaper is the Intel M.2 NVMe 660P SSD. Sizes range from 512gb to 2TB.

As for the case it's more personal preference but getting one with two intake fans and two exhaust fans would be ideal. Try the stock Wraith CPU cooler first and if it doesn't work well for you, be it temps or noise, then consider getting a aftermarket cooler.

A point to note is that B450 Max motherboards support Ryzen 3000 out of the box, so there will be no need to update the BIOS yourself.

Also, you might want to wait until RX 5700 with custom coolers become available. They are coming out over the next week or two, and will be cooler and quieter, so not much point in not waiting.

Aug 23, 2019
A point to note is that B450 Max motherboards support Ryzen 3000 out of the box, so there will be no need to update the BIOS yourself.

Also, you might want to wait until RX 5700 with custom coolers become available. They are coming out over the next week or two, and will be cooler and quieter, so not much point in not waiting.

Hm, what will be the price for it?

WildCard999

Titan
The very few out there currently are a bit higher then the original price but there should be more out by the end of the month. I read it somewhere but can't remember which site... Anyways waiting like a week might be worth it.

Do you have a GPU you can put into the build to get it up and running?

Aug 23, 2019
The very few out there currently are a bit higher then the original price but there should be more out by the end of the month. I read it somewhere but can't remember which site... Anyways waiting like a week might be worth it.

Do you have a GPU you can put into the build to get it up and running?

I dont, this will be my first pc