Question Looking to build new pc, Will it all work?

SetrixHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Im looking to build a new PC as my current one is getting a little old now.

Im currently on a Z87 build that i built back in 2014, since then i haven't kept up with the "PC world" so my knowledge isn't the greatest.
The RIG im using now is a I5 4670k , GTX 970 & 16GB RAM

I've done a bit of research over the last few days on the new boards and CPU's and ive come up with a build.

Im fairly certain everything is ok but i dont want to go out and buy everything and then find out not everything works.

Im not sure if the 850W PSU is needed? should i get a smaller one?

Im happy to get any kind of feedback, my budget is around the £2100 mark and im trying to keep it to a white theme.
I orginally wanted to get a GTX 1080ti but only recently found out they stopped making them back in 2018!

This is what ive put together so far:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£368.51 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (£131.49 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£239.99 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (£104.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo Plus 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (£97.00 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (£87.20 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£720.79 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Case: Corsair - Crystal 460X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case (£100.00 @ AWD-IT)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx White 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£152.99 @ Corsair UK)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (£83.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case Fan: Corsair - LL120 RGB White with Lighting Node PRO 63 CFM 120 mm Fans (£69.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £2156.94

A solid 650w gold power supply would be adequate for that build while allowing ample headroom for future upgrades. You could also save money or up the capacity by going with intel's 660p ssd. Performance isn't going to be as good as the 970 evo, however if all you're doing is gaming you won't notice the difference. You could take the difference in cost between that and the psu and go with a faster kit of 3200mhz ddr4 memory with cas latency 14.

Other than that, fantastic build.

SetrixHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
A solid 650w gold power supply would be adequate for that build while allowing ample headroom for future upgrades. You could also save money or up the capacity by going with intel's 660p ssd. Performance isn't going to be as good as the 970 evo, however if all you're doing is gaming you won't notice the difference. You could take the difference in cost between that and the psu and go with a faster kit of 3200mhz ddr4 memory with cas latency 14.

Other than that, fantastic build.

Quickly looked at the Power supply again and they have a deal on the one i chose for £107.99 but it didn't change the price in pcpartpicker. So already saved £45!
As to the SSD, ill be using programs such as Photoshop and Lightroom aswell as gaming so not sure how they would affect the speeds.
Wanted to go for the white RAM & corsair doesn't seem to make any cas latency 14 in any colour.

I do appreciate the help!! Thanks alot :)

SetrixHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Looks OK - but you could get as good performance by going with AMD and save yourself a small fortune as well.
Especially when the new ones are coming out for July 7th

AMD for GPU or CPU? I've always stuck with Intel & Nvidia tbh, with my limited knowledge its probably best to stay with what i know haha! Ill take a look at AMD though :)

AMD for GPU or CPU? I've always stuck with Intel & Nvidia tbh, with my limited knowledge its probably best to stay with what i know haha! Ill take a look at AMD though :)
CPU - why would you not want a /more cores/more threads for less than Intel. Intel are no longer king, they lost that crown. At 1080p they still are good, but beyong 1080p their FPS lead drops to nothing.
Buy with what you are comfortable buying, it is at the end of the day, your money