Looking to buy a gaming laptop?

jbombsallday

Honorable
Aug 15, 2014
1. What is your budget?
-Preferably under $1000 but willing to go up to 1500 if its worth it

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
-17+ would be nice

3. What screen resolution do you want?
-1080p 144hz. would go higher if the price is right

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
-i just want to game on it

5. How much battery life do you need?
-might be plugged in most of the time to not a huge issue

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
-high settings preffered on World of Warcraft retail, classic wow, Escape from tarkov, Call of duty, League of legends, Csgo, and any new esport games tht might come out in the next year or so
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
-mainly just gaming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
-at least a 500gb ssd

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
-no clue

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
-at least a few years would be nice
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
-just want quality

13. What country do you live in?
-USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Feb 13, 2020
With that budget you are likely looking for a GTX 1660 Ti.

I have a MSI Gaming Laptop and hit has been treating me well. This one has everything you are looking for at $1379.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...66YQ7&linkId=d3c48b24789274ad459257d6f81c03d9

This one is one small step down. If you are not too hung up on the 144hz and you are willing to go down to 120hz then you can save yourself about $100 you can throw at accessories. This one is $1245
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...YSF45&linkId=2581789824a12feb9bc5ef5c8f0eedc3

The GTX 1660 Ti on Benchmark puts it slightly lower than a RTX 2060 and it is slightly better than a GTX 1070, but pretty much all the same ballpark. If you want to look around some more, don't get a GTX 1650 by accident where you mistake it for 1660 Ti.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I would agree that for a moderately decent gaming laptop, you should probably start at a low price of around $1200, The more bells and whistles you want to add in (better resolution, faster refresh, larger SSD, more RAM, etc...) just adds to that cost.

-Wolf sends