Question Looking to buy a monitor $400.00 or less. Couple questions...

Jun 18, 2020
As you can see by the thread title I'm looking to spend $400.00 maximum on a monitor. I'm interested in something that has 4k capabilities - Gaming, graphic design, and whatever else I can use it for LOL.

I'm not really sure how the 144hz or whatever works, but I'm guessing the best speed I can get for my price range would be what I want. How exactly does it work? What do the speeds mean when they say 244hz is that really good?

Also, I've heard that a really nice monitor can slow down your computer because your GPU might have to work to hard so here's what I'm running -
**i7 9700 CPU
**GTX 1660 SUPER GPU
**32GB Ripjaws RAM

I'm currently looking on the MicroCenter website, and it doesn't say 4K capabilities on it so I'm guessing that 4k is the normal expectation now? EVENTUALLY I will be running a dual monitor setup for gaming and multitasking etc. This one will be my primary display.

Any input on buying a monitor will be nice. I'm reading all the info I can before I go and buy one.

Jun 1, 2020
If this is for gaming I can tell you right now that 4k takes a MUCH beefier GPU to run even at 60FPS. You can forget about 144fps or higher.

Why is 4k so important?