looking to buy a new laptop for 3d modeling and gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamal Chagla

Reputable
May 12, 2014
I want to buy a laptop for a maximum of 1500 USD that will allow me to use 3d modelling softwares such as ansys,solidworks and autodesk alias whilst i can play games and do my daily work.
the configurations that id like are:
-intel 4700HQ above
-8 gb plus
-graphics 2 gb gddr 5 above

dasulman

Honorable

I fundamentally disagree.

time to dominate: http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt60-dominator424-p-6955.html?wconfigure=yes
yeah it's a bit heavy but man up - its a small price to pay for this wee beasty - and yes it's cheaper spec wise than a clevo alternative - whilst looking kick ass.
oh and the gtx 870M is very good card - will play your games at 1080p ultra, crisis 3 may need AA down a bit but still ultra textures.
oh and you can shop from LCD digital, xoticpc or powernotebooks - at the end of the day they all price the same with the same catalogue - surf between them and see if they have any good special offers that you can get.

Diox55

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

I agree with you. Alienware, is frankly like Beats or Razer..

Diox55

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

Sorry, I didn't mean laptops. I meant more accessories. Some of their keyboards, mouse, headsets, etc tend to be overpriced and the competition is better. As for laptops, they have made some fantastic laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS